Sunday, July 28, 2013

Letter To My Daughter

To My Dearest Daughter,

     First and foremost, please know that I love you. Love is how you came into existence. Never think for a moment that love did not make you or envelope your creation. From the moment your presence was known, you were loved, you were wanted. You were my little girl. And it matters not how old you grow, this will never change. Understand that it was no accident you came into my life. You were meant to be my daughter. I know my absence has given you a wrong perception of life and why you came into mine. The thoughts and feelings of abandonment, rejection, punishment, pain, and heartaches have driven away every opportunity for us to bond together. 



     Trust me when I tell you I can imagine how you must feel because I felt the same way when I moved so far away from you. It never dawned on me that we would not stay in touch; that we would have missed out on the lessons a father learns from his daughter and a daughter learns from her father. I am very sorry that you have been suffering the same way I have. My heart aches for the hurt you feel and that’s why I am reaching out to you now to end the suffering, longing, and waiting to fill the void that only I can fill. I LOVE YOU! Let this thought be known. I MISS YOU! Let this thought be felt. I NEED YOU! Let this thought be understood. I am your Father, your Daddy, your Papa, your Pops. Always have been and always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment